Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My dogs eyes both are blood shot and cloudy just happened in

Customer Question

My dogs eyes both are blood shot and cloudy just happened in past 2 days.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It is hard to know if this could be from the environment such as dirt and wind or a primary eye issue. Only testing by your vet can tell you for sure what would be causing this. I would recommend that you take your guy to your vet right away since, if this is a corneal ulcer, lack of treatment could end in blindness and is serious. In the meantime, apply Artificial Tears , available at the pharmacy over the counter by Bausch and Lomb, to each eye every 4 hrs. This will help flush away any irritants that could be causing your guys distress. If your guy has a pus like yellow discharge, this may require immediate treatment by your vet.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****