Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My puppy just sudden;y had like lump on s ribs. I can see it

Customer Question

Customer: hi, my puppy just sudden;y had like lump on his ribs. I can see it and feel it. He not look like his on pain but im worried. Its been there about 5 days nw
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: lump on my puppy ribs or swollen , been thre 5 days he not look sick or that he have pain but its big and you can see it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes please
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb.

I recently came online and see that your question hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response, but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.

I do have a few additional questions to ask first if you don't mind:

1.Do you think you could send me a picture of the lump? This LINK walks you through the process. If you can't send a picture, could you tell me how large it is?

2. Is the lump soft or hard?

3. Is is staying the same size, getting larger or getting smaller?

4. And, how old is your puppy?

Since it looks as if you are currently offline, there may be a delay after I receive your answer ssince I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.

Thanks for your patience. Deb