Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 12 week old puppy ate what I think was a mushroom out of

Customer Question

my 12 week old puppy ate what I think was a mushroom out of the woods. She had diarrhea and vomited. She is curled in a ball and is drooling a lot.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. Any wild mushroom should be considered a serious toxicity issue, especially when accompanied by her symptoms. They could be very toxic to the liver or even cause a lot of abdominal pain from severe gastrointestinal or pancreatic inflammation. My recommendation at this point would be to get her to your vet ASAP for an exam and blood work. It sounds like she needs to be put on fluid therapy and giving anti-nausea medication at the very least. Please let me know if you have any other question or concerns. Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Kylie. How is everything going?
Dr. John