Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

Last Sunday(over a week ago) my 12 year old dog got to my

Customer Question

Last Sunday(over a week ago) my 12 year old dog got to my Chinese food chicken with cashews. It had water chrstnuts. My dog is still throwing up the water chestnuts
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

Is Sara, eating normally?

Is she throwing up constantly, or randomly?

Is stool normal?

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eating normally, stool is normal. Vomitting randomly.. Typically bile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Sara may be having some Reflux. You can control the Reflux with Pepcid AC. It is given by weight under 20 pounds we give a 1/4, 20-40 pounds is 1/2 and over 40 pounds is a whole. The Pepcid Ac should help with the the Bile. You may want to try a different food. Some dogs after eating one type of food can have problems. You may want to try a limited edition food with a unique protein source. Venison, Duck and Bison seem to work well. Natural Ba***** *****D is a very good food which may help make a difference in the Vomiting of bile. As far as the water chestnuts, it is not unusual fot them not to digested if swallowed hole. Please let me know if you have further questions on this matter.

Joan