Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My yorkie's breath smells like poop. Should I bring her to

Customer Question

My yorkie's breath smells like poop. Should I bring her to the Vet? She wears a diaper so does not have access to eating poop. Could it be her teeth I put spray but doesn't work
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. Bad breath in dogs can be caused by many things. WE first look at the teeth in small breed dogs since they do have problems, with calculus, tarter and other dental issues. The greenies and breath spray as well as brushing does not always work. The bad breath can also be a result of another medical issue. This can include a gastrointestinal issue or an esophageal issue. It is best to have your little one into the Vet for a Senor exam which they will do some blood work and the can thoroughly check her mouth for dental issues. Sometimes the teeth can have Gingivitis or even an abscess that can cause a horrible smell. With all this being said I would suggest a Vet visit to rul out dental and other medical issues. If I have addressed your concerns, please take amoment to Rate my service 5 Stars.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Just checking n to see if you had your Yorkie in to the Vet to be checked out. Did the Vet find anything other than a possible dental problem?

Joan