petdrz.
petdrz., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

I just noticed that my dog had some swelling on s face, so i

Customer Question

I just noticed that my dog had some swelling on his face, so i thought he was stung or maybe even swallowed a bee.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this has been going on for 2 days, I have tried to make him comfortable, sitting with him, petting him, he won't eat. Does not move around much and rarely drinks water, also he is not sleeping.
Expert:  petdrz. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Mickey today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you.

This is really not something that can be treated without veterinary intervention to at least have him examined and see if the source of the swelling and the lump as well as the bleeding can be identified. Giving antibiotics without a source of potential infection being identified is not advised and can actually lead to further problems. It is especially more important know to get to a diagnosis if he has stopped eating and is not drinking well as it can quickly lead to dehydration.

There are a couple of things that may help you out as far as the finances.

petsmart free visit: http://www.banfield.net/exclusiveoffer/

Care credit (veterinary): http://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/

In the meantime, I would apply warm compresses to the lump twice a day.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for the options on the finance part, however, with the disability, financially this was a stretch that's why I went this route, I was hoping you would have knowledge about what may have caused the lumps on his neck and face, and the bleeding through the neck.
Expert:  petdrz. replied 1 year ago.

There are many structures in the neck and face that could be involved. My first thought is a possible tooth root abscess that may have lead to involvement of the lymph node, but without a thorough physical exam, it is really impossible to speculate. Good luck with him and I hope you are able to find some help for him.