Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Can i give my 11 year old doberman cyclobenzaprine

Customer Question

can i give my 11 year old doberman cyclobenzaprine
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again Lynette

I have worked out an answer for you ...

1. Unfortunately this drug is not regularly used in veterinary medicine so I cannot suggest it's use.

2. I guess your dog has a bad back? There are other muscle relaxants which can be used in dogs such as methocarbamol. And non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and some other forms of pain medications can often be of value as well.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again Lynette,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning Cyclobenzaprine.

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hi Lynette (L.,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?