Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My dog has a bunch of bumps mostly around s shoulder blades

Customer Question
My dog has a bunch...
My dog has a bunch of bumps mostly around his shoulder blades and around his neck, then down around his tail. They aren't itchy, and he smells good. Like baby powder. What could this be??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
11/14/2015
Dog Specialist: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Even though these bumps are not itchy, this still could be caused by an allergic reaction. I am not clear why the odor is good but it indicates that this is not infection or pyoderma since this would have a terrible odor. For now, give Rex Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs.

They also can get bumps that are caused by a staph infection under the skin....these will have pus coming from them at different times. The treatment for this is to apply Betadine , available at the pharmacy over the counter, every 4-6 hrs which will dry out these areas so the bacteria cannot grow.

If there is no improvement by Monday, have your vet examine these areas to be sure we have not missed something.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian