Hello I am sorry to hear that Pabbo has likely ingested some burrs. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help.
These are not toxic but there are a few problems that can be associated with this.
One things we need to watch for is a problem called Burr Tongue. These burdocks have small hooked scales that become embedded in the lips tongue and gums and act as a foreign body. These can cause lesions on the gums, tongue and even the throat. In some cases these have to be surgically removed if the dogs has problems eating or is in severe pain. Pain could explain the nervousness, and panting. These can also cause some digestive upset and even an obstruction if enough of the burrs are ingested.
What I would do first is feed him a piece of bread. This can some times pick up any scales that are stuck in the throat. If possible I would give him 2 pieces of whole grain bread daily. This will not only help pick up any scales ut it can also help to push any burrs that were ingested through the system.
As long as he is eating you can try giving Aspirin tonight to help with any pain. This is dosed at 5mg per pound of body weight every 12 hours. Give with food to prevent stomach upset.
If he does not calm down, seems overly painful, stops eating or vomits after eating then I would have him seen by a vet.
I hope this helps. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue.