How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. John Your Own Question
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 10981
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog licked some zinder mold killing primer ... The label

Customer Question

My dog licked some zinder mold killing primer ... The label says its hazardous if swallowed. Should I try to induce vomiting?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. In all likelihood, he will be fine. According to the material safety data sheet for the product, swallowing less than an ounce shouldn't cause significant harm. At most, I would just try to rinse his mouth out with water and get him to drink. If they do ingest more than an ounce, it is not recommended to induce vomiting with any of these type of substances because they can be damaging to the lining of the GI tract and cause more damage coming back up. Damage to the esophagus is usually permanent and not something you want. It doesn't sound like he ingested anywhere near that, though. If you do notice him vomiting multiple times, having bloody stool or has a painful abdomen, I would have your vet tend to him. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John

Related Dog Questions