Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My 6 yr old Bichon poo has started ding in the closet and is

Customer Question

My 6 yr old Bichon poo has started hiding in the closet and is not acting like her usual jovial self...
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. I am sorry your girl is doing this. This is usually a sign that a dog is not feeling well and prefers to be left alone

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Has there been any reluctance to jump on furniture or climb steps?

Does she prefer not to be picked up?

Is she eating and drinking normally?

Has there been any diarrhea or vomiting?

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

You may have gone offline and I will soon be going off as well for a couple of hours. I would take the vital signs of the dog, and I will direct you to a link on how to do this.

I would keep the food and water in the closet for now to ensure she eats and drinks and not do any physical activity with her at this time other than potty outings.

If you notice she is having a hard time jumping on furniture or walks slowly or with an arch in her back you may be looking at a disc issue and for that anti inflammatory drugs and rest are best.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lisa,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Sally G.