Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

This information that was shared on the internet saved my

Customer Question
dogs life. I have...
This information that was shared on the internet saved my dogs life. I have a dog that looks like this one and because of this posting I was able to go to vet and have test run for masticatory myosotis. it has been 2 years since and my boxer/Rhodesian ridgeback "Buddy" is still alive and I would like thank the owner of the picture of the dog for putting up a picture and your diagnosis. Would also be happy to share what we are doing to boost his health
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
10/12/2015
Dog Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

Thank you for your kind words. Please note that you'll need to provide links to "this information that was shared on the internet", "a dog that looks like this one" and "because of this posting" for others to see what you're seeing. Thank you for the good update on Buddy. The prognosis for acute masticatory myositis is good when initiation of treatment is prompt and therapy is long term. Inadequate dosing or treatment for an insufficient period of time is associated with a high rate of relapse. Dogs with relapses when the dose is lowered should be reinstituted at the maximum prednisone dose. The prognosis for chronic masticatory myositis is fair to guarded when extensive atrophy and fibrosis of masticatory muscles lead to progressive inability to open the mouth. Please continue to share if you wish.

ok not much for him to do as I wanted to thank for a previous posting from someone else that really saved my dogs life. I will have to get help to post link on my comments - but thank you for the return message. One thing that bothers me is that I paid to do this one time message but was forced to sign up for a monthly service. Of course, not being super computer savvy, I will now have to wait for a charge to my credit card so I can get this service taken off?

No, please contact***@******.*** who will help you remove the monthly service you didn't want and information on how to post links.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Buddy. How is everything going?
Thank you, ***** ***** keep this email for when I can post/share with others. Thank you for the note about dosage. Kim

You're welcome, Kim. I can't set a follow-up in this venue and so would appreciate your returning to our conversation with an update - even after rating - at a time of your choosing.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian