Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

I think my dog ate some meth. what do i do

Customer Question

i think my dog ate some meth. what do i do
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet tech with 30+ years and have interest in canine Health. The Dog needs to be seen in the ER If you think the dog has ingested Methamphetamines. There will be no questions as the Vet is interested in saving your dog.

You will see: agitation, hyperactivity, rapid heart rate, panting, seizures and muscle tremors. This can result in death if emergency treatement and supportive care is not offered.

This link below talks more about the toxicity of Amphetamines:

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/amphetamine-toxicity/page1.aspx

If the dog is showing any of the signs, the Vet is not going to question you about where the problem occurred, but is going to treat your dog to give it the needed help asap.

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need to know what I can do .all the vets are closed now. so tell me what I can do.
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

You can get the dog too an ER Vet, they have to do a charcoal lavage and start fluids. There is no at home treatment for this type of situation. If you supply a city, state and zipcode I can try and locate some ER Vets for you.

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Joan