Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I cannot clip my dogs nails and the vet is just too

Customer Question
expensive all the time...
I cannot clip my dogs nails and the vet is just too expensive all the time what can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
9/19/2015
Dog Specialist: Lisa, Certified Vet Tech replied 2 years ago
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech

Hi there! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question.

When I get this question in real life, I always suggest having the nails trimmed at a groomer!

I live in MN and groomers around here charge about $10 - $20 to cut the nails for owners who aren't able to.

It's less expensive than the vet, plus you don't have to deal with the frustration of fighting with your dog.

I hope this helps.

Apparently you did not read all the information that I provided.

The only information I got was this:

"I cannot clip my dogs nails and the vet is just too expensive all the time what can I do?"

I have been to three groomers and they have not been able to do it

Then perhaps your only alternative option is going to be asking your vet for some significant sedation so that you can take the fight out of him. Medications such as Acepromazine or Clomicalm can really help.