Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

I have recently changed my dog from Origen kibble and

Customer Question

Hi I have recently changed my dog from Origen kibble and chicken mince to a more complete raw diet. Her stools have been harder than normal. About 5 hours ago she started getting restless and hanging by me that's not usual for her she sef looks stressed.pacingand restless. I have given her a little owl ofmkhooing to settle her tummy. As its2.30 in the morning of is dally he vets he does it think it's bloat but how can we be sure
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If this was bloat could she manage to go to sleep
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I gave her a little bowl of milk
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry my main message should say I gave her a little milk
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. Bloat is the distention of the stomach with food and / or gas. Rotation of the stomach when it gets bloated is called a GDV and this is the extremely critical emergency.

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 years ago.

I'll be honest and say that GDV's are typically a big breed dog issue and not miniature schnauzer issues. If a GDV was present, they typically act initially anxious but this progresses quickly to abdominal distention and usually non-productive retching. They shouldn't be able to go to sleep if this happened as it is extremely stressful on them.

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 years ago.

Here is a great link on it.

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=672