Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My dog has been urinating more often than usual due to a new

Customer Question

my dog has been urinating more often than usual due to a new dog being introduced to the family. My groomer noticed that my dog's penis is red on the tip and had a crusty discharge or maybe dried urine on the tip as well. Is this something serious?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be glad to help you. I would not automatically assume that Izzy is urinating more due to introduction of a new pet.Dogs will urinate more for many many reasons including urinary tract infections and various endocrine/metabolic diseases. As far as licking his penis...there can also be several reasons for this.He may have discomfort in that area or he may simply have an inflammation asscoiated with his prepuce. This can be common in male dogs. Ideally Izzy should see your vet and have an exam, CBC, chem panel and urinalysis to make sure none of the above mentioned problems are occurring.Please do letme know if you have other questions as I check my computer each night and will get back to you. Most Sincerely, DRB

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It took a very long time for an answer that provided absolutely no help at all. I will never use your service again. No wonder you have a disclaimer.
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry that you are not pleased with the service I gave you, I truly am. What I gave you was the truth and that is the only information I will give to anyone. I am also sorry it took so long for you to get an answer, but as an expert on the site I have no control over that. The very best of luck to you. DRB