Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I found two very puppies that had been abandoned out in the

Customer Question

I found two very young puppies that had been abandoned out in the country. One is very healthy, eating and drinking well. The other was covered in small brown ticks and has a golf ball sized knot on his neck under the chin. he is not eating or drinking.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He also seems to have trouble breathing has a discharge from nose and eyes. He will not lay down, but seems to lack control and will drop his head as if falling asleep, fall to the floor and then stand back up. I looked for puncture wounds, did not see any, but ticks were between the toes and all over the ears.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question wasnot answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Have you removed +/- treated for the ticks?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Are they paler then his brother?

Is the mass under his chin, firm or fluidy?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?

What color are the discharges?