Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My 5 month old puppy has rapid breathing, some

Customer Question
coughing/gagging and is very hot...
My 5 month old puppy has rapid breathing, some coughing/gagging and is very hot to the touch. he is on antibiotics from falling last week and getting scraped up. He had a chest xray and exam and they said it was normal, but the constant panting, heat and coughing worries me. Could that be the antibiotic? Otherwise he is now energetic, eating and drinking.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
9/1/2015
Dog Specialist: Lisa, Certified Vet Tech replied 2 years ago
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

How far did he fall last week?

What antibiotics is he on?

Is he on any pain medications too?

Where did he get scraped up?

Lisa
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech