Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My dog has been going extremely loose month now. But not

Customer Question

My dog has been going extremely loose for a month now. But not more often, Stool sample tests and blood tests show up fine. Just changed to Natural ba***** *****D food a few days ago to see if that helps. And started Methotrinozole. Not sure if spelled that correct, 3 days ago. Still loose. Not sure what to do next
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

These symptoms that sweet Marley has sounds like Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). This condition is related to abnormalities in the immune system and can only be diagnosed with biopsies. It is a common condition in this breed. The treatment for this can be complicated but a hypoallergenic diet such as Hill's ZD and Metronidazole along with corticosteroids.

Ask your vet about this. This LINK will explain in more detail.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****