Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My rottweiler ate an unused dryer sheet about 30 minutes

Customer Question

Hi, my rottweiler ate an unused dryer sheet about 30 minutes ago, hes acting fine right now but should i still take him to an emergency vet or induce vomiting? He just turned 1 yr last month, that wasnt an option on the survey.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet tech for 30+ years. We can try inducing vomiting by giving 1 teaspoon of 3% hydrogen per 10 pounds of body weight up to 3 tablespoons.Please feed a piece of bread and the use the peroxide to the back of the tongue. He should vomit it up with in 15 mins. if he does not please repeat one time. The ingredients of the dryer sheet do not have any toxic properties. I do not think that you will see any problems from this from just one sheet. Usually one sheet will pass through the intestines fairly well and usually will not cause an obstruction. To aid with the passing if he does not vomit it up, you can give a table spoon of canned pumpkin(not pie filling) with each meal to expedite the passing of the sheet.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.

How is your Rottie doing today? Did the Dryer sheet pass through? Wanted to follow up with you.

Joan