Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have a female pit and her tail has been down since

Customer Question

I have a female pit and her tail has been down since yesterday. She got a new Kong ball three days ago, and broke it open, I am afraid she may have injested part of it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Did she break open the Kong 3 days ago? Is any part missing?
Has Dalilha had any retching, gagging, lip licking, grass eating, vomiting, or diarrhea?
Is she eating and drinking normally?
When did she last pass feces? Was it normal? Any straining or black material?
Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?
If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?
Could she have eaten something else she should not have (ie bones, toys, rocks, plants, chemicals, etc)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
part of the ball is missing. I am not home to check her tummy, but I have asked my nephew to check on her when he gets back to the house. She ate last night and I don't know if she has had a bowel movement.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you,
If you can have him check that, that would be perfect.
As well if he could carefully lift her tail to check for any discomfort there or signs of redness/lumps/wounds around the rectum and let me know, that would be helpful since her signs do fit with a few different issues.
Otherwise, since you noted a piece of ball is missing, how big was it? And do you think she'd have chewed it or swallowed it whole?
I will keep my eyes peeled for your reply with those further checks and speak to you again soon,
Dr. B.