Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian
49838867

My Chihuahua who weighs about 11 pounds jumped off a

Customer Question

my Chihuahua who weighs about 11 pounds jumped off a stoop/ledge that's like 2' high started screaming but nothing seems broke, she walks but seems disoriented and her paws and gums are cold her gums are also pale
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response, but your requested expert isn't online which delayed your question coming up on the list for all to answer. I would like to help if you are still interested in an opinion because I believe that your girl Reese needs prompt attention.

Cold, pale gums, tongue and paws can point toward poor circulation, internal bleeding or shock. None of these are to be ta***** *****ghtly, and any or all could explain her disorientation.

I know that it doesn't seem like she fell far but she is a small dog and it sounds like she may have landed wrong.

Hopefully by now you are on your way to a veterinary clinic. In the meantime keep her warm and quiet, as the more she does the mor stressed her body will be.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.