Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My dog got stung by nettles. Is miserable. What can I do?

Customer Question

Category: Dog
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Several very bad inflamed spots, bumps on her head, back, legs. Losing hair beneath her eyes Is very red. Has chewed fur off several spots about the size of a quarter to half dollar on the top of two paws. She weighs 70 pounds. Gave her 14 mg Benadryl. She is getting sleepy.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Correction. 10 mg
Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet Tech for 30+ years with interest in canine health.
You can use Bicarbonate of soda soaks or apply it to the areas that are inflamed. If you can find some Dock Leaves they are a remedy for stinging nettles. You take a leaf and rub on the areas and stops the stinging. Right now the best you can do is the Benedryl, but the dog can take 1-2mg per pound of body weight every 6-8 hours. At 70 pound she can actually have 3 adult 25mg plain Benedryl pills or Capsules. The Benedryl will help. The best solution would be the dock leaf and you may be able to find the plant at Lowes or Home Depot.
Joan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Response time seemed long. Same info was on web and while waiting for expert I got it for free. I am going to request a refund.
Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Experts come on at different times and you requested Dr Andrea who is no longer with the site. it locked the question for 20 mins. I saw the question and wanted to assist you and your dog. I gave you exactly what the treatment is and you under dosed the dog with Benedryl which will help. I will put in for a Refund do not rate and I will close and request refund for you. Joan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Joan. I actually requested /checked first available and not a specific Vet, ie, Dr. Andrea. You are very kind, but I will appreciate a refund.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just got text that. Balance was being taken from my account. The full amount of $19.00 was already deducted from PayPal and not just initial $5.00. I would like a $19.00 refund and notification by text that refund is initiated and processing.
Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.

I do not handle any money that is done by the site, but did send in for refund already.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.

This is the link for site help and can talk with someone about the refund: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help