Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My 15 pound dog ate one wether's hard candy with the

Customer Question

My 15 pound dog ate one wether's hard candy with the wrapper. Should I be concerned?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome,

Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again and thanks for waiting.

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. Good news! : There is nothing in this sort of candy that is toxic to dogs and I am not to concerned about the wrapper as in my experience it should be small enough to pass with no problems.

2. There is nothing special you need do in this sort of situation other than just keeping an eye on your dog, basically she should be just fine.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott.
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Wether's Candy incident.

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hi Julie,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?