Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

I just came home and my Cockapoo began shaking and vomiting

Customer Question

I just came home and my Cockapoo began shaking and vomiting his food up. About five hours after she ate it. Their was also a bit of a white thick substance also.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Drank a lot of water. Seems to be resting comfortably now not shaking. What can I expect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shaking again but not barfing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that I'm not allowed to correspond with customers by phone. Please let me know if you still need help. Kasey's symptoms are important but not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder and so it's difficult for me to prognosticate at this time. In general, minor GI distress due to a dietary indiscretion - eating something new, inappropriate, spoiled, or perhaps a non-food item - usually remisses within 36 hours unaided. Fasting such a patient for up to 12 hours might suffice. Dogs that don't remiss in that time frame should be attended to by their vet who will perform a thorough physical exam including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests +/- X-rays or ultrasound of the abdomen.
Please give me an update on Kasey if you wish.