Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My great dane of 3 years would not eat or drink this morning

Customer Question
and was drooling excessively for...
My great dane of 3 years would not eat or drink this morning and was drooling excessively for him.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
8/5/2015
Dog Specialist: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Has he been gagging, retching, lip licking, or vomiting?
Does he appear bloated?
Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?
If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?
Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, rocks, plants, chemicals, etc)? Or access to anything with a bitter taste or insects that he may have tried to eat (and was stung)?
Any swelling in his mouth?
Is he breathing comfortably?
Has he had any diarrhea?
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian