Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

Mi dog has a rash on his testicals I think he sat on his own

Customer Question

Mi dog has a rash on his testicals I think he sat on his own pee while being at the dog sitters
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in canine health.Can you tell me is the only rash area the testicles?Is he licking and scratching at the area?Joan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it looks like just the testicles maybe the back of his legs lost a lil hair maybe from the pee sitting on him for so long and since i picked him up he hasn't scratched or licked the area he was runing and being happy wen he saw me didn't look like it bothered him
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hi,We can use some Plan Benedryl orally 1 mg per pound of body weight per pound every 8 hours orally and you can use a little Coritisone cream (Over the counter) topically. Use a thin layer on the area to help clear the rash. If the Plain Benedryl and Cortisone cream do not help, then I would schedule a Vet visit, to see if they can give something stronger to help clear it up. Usually this combination should do the trick. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service positive.Joan