Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Im just reading here to see if I can find an answer. My 4 year old

Customer Question

HI. Im just reading here to see if I can find an answer. My 4 year old female, King CHarles cavalier, is yelping every little while and licking her vagina. I thought it might be her glands, so I expressed them this morning. She seems a little bit better but still yelping out of the blue like she is in pain. I dont see any discharge. I am taking her to be sterilized next Monday. In the meantime, wondering what to do.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....When was her last heat cycle?When you expressed her anal glands this morning, did you get a lot of material out?Is she defecating normally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 or 5 months?
dark brown stinky material, probably a teaspoon worth collectively
I think so.. She is eating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She had puppies at Halloween and probably was in heat in Feb or March.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.It's been a day or so since you first posted...how is she doing now? Any change?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been gone all day. What are your thoughts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. This is not what I expected. I needed an answer 2 days ago. Please refund my money except for the $5. Thanks