Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I own a chuihuahua/pomeranian mix.. he is about 2 and

Customer Question

Hello, i own a chuihuahua/pomeranian mix.. he is about 2 and a half years old. what concerns me is that he started flipping violently and he wasnt responsive. so my step dad held him for awhile and went outside.. he seems to be dazed and he had tears coming out as well, it was very scary moment for my family and he was starting to shake again about 10 mins after he had that outbreak.. my step dad again held him.. now he seems to be doing okay now.. just worried if it will happen again during the night or when im not home and was it a seizure or something else? What can i do to stop him from having these outbreaks?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question tonight.When he was having these episodes, did he urinate or defecate on himself?How long did these episodes last each time?Before this, was he acting normally?