Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

We have a puppy here that is approx. 8 wks old and suddenly

Customer Question

we have a puppy here that is approx. 8 wks old and suddenly very lethargic and weak and sleepy. I have been giving him approx. 15 ml of watered down puppy formula and a little bit of canned puppy food every couple of hours today and plan to call the vet first thing in the morning. He doesn't vomit anything back up and pee looks normal and stools look a little loose but not watery.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My husband said he seemed normal yesterday and was eating yesterday evening but this morning was laying in a corner and didn't get up and wouldn't eat.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is not eating on his own but from a syringe and puppy food out of my hand.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Any blood or mucus in his stools?
Are you hearing more gut sounds (stomach rumbling) with this one?
Have you taken a temperature?
Are you supplementing heat for him if he is on his own?