Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My dog was fine last nite this morning she shivering and pant.

Customer Question

My dog was fine last nite this morning she shivering and pant. Her stomach is hard to the touch she can't jump up on couch she just not her self
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome. The original expert you asked for is not online. My name is ***** ***** I have been working with dogs for 25 years. Shivering can be a sign of pain as can panting. There are a couple of things to consider here. She may be having refferd pain from the belly and that is why she cannot jump on the couch. Pain such as pancreatitis or given the breed she may be having disc issues. The Dachshund and min pin are both prone to disc issues of the spin and this may be why she is not jumping on the couch. At this point you want to keep her from jumping and climbing and take her to your Vet to let him examine her. Since in many instances certain things are not duplicated in a vet office it would be helpful if you could take a short video clip of what you are seeing on your phone to show your vet.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 2 years ago.
I am going to direct you to a link on disc issues so you will know what to ask your vet . This can happen in the lower spine or neck area. http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/diseases-conditions-of-dogs/brain-spinal-cord-nerves/intervertebral-disc-disease-ivdd---thoracolumbar-area-in-dogs