Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My male dog is 3yrs. old, healthy, today I noticed just some

Customer Question

My male dog is 3yrs. old, healthy, today I noticed just some spots on floor where he has been dripping blood just of and on, this just started today. Should I worry?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome. The original expert you asked for is not online. My name is ***** ***** I have been working with dogs for 25 years. Where is the blood coming from the penis?
Expert:  Sally G. replied 2 years ago.
Is the dog neutered?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No mam, just got him a year ago, am wanting to. Even though our two females are fixed, he's I've noticed goes thru spurts of where he's in heat always trying to sniff our females. Is that unusual? Would getting him fix help with that?
Expert:  Sally G. replied 2 years ago.
The male would not go into heat, but he would pick up odors from the females if there is an infection or strong odor. Blood can be a sign of a urinary tract infection or bladder stones so it is suggested that you have your vet take a look or at the very least ask if you can drop off a urine sample for testing. IF it is a uti then antibiotics will be needed and if it is stones then a change in diet and antibiotics would be needed or possibly surgery.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 2 years ago.
Is there anything else I can help you with?