Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

My dog periodically throws up bile and was prescribed an anti-acid

Customer Question

my dog periodically throws up bile and was prescribed an anti-acid by the vet. today he threw up and then started to shiver
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...Is your dog still shivering?Has he done any more vomiting since the first time?How long was it between when he got the antacid and when he vomited?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he's not shivering, has not vomited again and maybe 15 to 20 minutes between vomiting and the antacid.
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.Since he's no longer shivering and hasn't vomited again, I think we can write it off to gastrointestinal upset of unknown etiology...meaning, he had an upset stomach, but we're not sure why.If the shivering or vomiting starts again, especially after giving his antacid, then you should absolutely give your vet a call and ask them about switching to a different antacid that he'll tolerate better.I hope this helps.