Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My pomeranian is about 9years old and just in the last few

Customer Question

My pomeranian is about 9years old and just in the last few hours is very sluggish and drooling heavily--her eyes also look kind of glassy--what should i do--no emergency vet clinics around me
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Unfortunately, the symptoms you've mentioned aren't pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder and so it would be difficult to tell you what you might do for Anya. Can you give me an update on her condition, please? "Sluggishness, drooling, glassy eyes" suggests an intoxication by a drug, flea/tick product, or symptoms of too many metabolic disorders to list in this venue. Is there a previous medical history that might help clarify the origin of this behavior?