Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

Is my dog going to die? The symptoms sounds and looks exactly like thi

Customer Question
s thread. http://www.justanswer.com/pet-dog/7lgmr-year-old-dog-kind-sever-nasal-issue.html#re.v/174/ None of the doctors...
Is my dog going to die? The symptoms sounds and looks exactly like thi s thread.
http://www.justanswer.com/pet-dog/7lgmr-year-old-dog-kind-sever-nasal-issue.html#re.v/174/
None of the doctors here can help him.
What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
7/15/2015
Dog Specialist: petdrz., Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
petdrz.
petdrz., Dog Veterinarian
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.
.......
When the nasal cavity was scoped, were biopsy samples taken. If so, hat did the biopsy reveal?
.......
Has the discharge been cultured to identify which bacteria are present and to which antibiotics they are sensitive to? What about fungal growth?
.......
Do you have access to a clinic that can perform an MRI?
.....
Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.
Thank you for replying. I was wondering why it took so long when I paid for URGENT. I thought I was cheated through another internet scheme. Thank you Dr Z for replying.Answering your questions:
Nasal cavity scope - done. Did not reveal anything unusual. Biopsy negative.
Bacteria culture - no significant amount of any suspicious bacteria
Fungal growth - negative
No access to MRI.Looking forward to your quick response Dr Z.
Was the nasal cavity scoped with an endoscope? What do you mean by "biopsy negative". I am assuming that that means no cancer, but do you have a copy of what the report actually read? What type of inflammatory cells were present?Are you working with a veterinary internal medicine specialist?
Dr Z, thank you for your immediate response.
Yes, the nasal cavity scope was with an endoscope.
Yes, the Dr said it is not cancerous.
At this point, I don't have any reports, because everything is at the Vet. Centre.
We have actually been to 3 different Centres and dealing with 3 different teams.
I am sorry, but I am afraid with the limited information I have to review, I am unable to advise you much further. My gut feeling is that it is either an inflammatory response with a chronic, long standing, and maybe multi-drug resistant secondary infection, or that there could possibly be cancer cells there that were missed on the biopsy. Since this all started after the bite, it is more suspicious of infection. An MRI may be helpful to rule out a mass or foreign body. Perhaps there is a granuloma type inflammatory lesion, secondary to the bite that is keeping things active. If you were able to have a copy of the biopsy results, it may shed some light on things.
Good luck with making progress with his case. I hope you are able to get an answer from one of the team you are working with.
I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.
Dr Z
Dr Z, at this point, we are on a long break due to Eid. So, I will only be able to get all the tests and results from the Hospital next week. May I please keep in touch with you when I have all the results so you can assess it further?
The other question is (I know it may be difficult for you to answer)... Is Nero suffering in pain? Is there anything I can help do to make him more comfortable?
No problem at all and I will try to offer input as I can when I can review further information. I don't think Nero is in pain, but probably a little uncomfortable. Nasal congestion can lead to a generalized feeling of lethargy. Antihistamines may help but only if the problem has an allergic basis, which this does not sound like it does. Steam treatment may help to relieve congestion. Saline flushes of the affected nasal cavity may help as well.
Thank you so much Dr Z. Your last 2 suggestions, I will definitely start doing. I will definitely keep in touch soon after I get the reports. Have a great day.
Great, I will look forward to it.
Hi Rebecca,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Z.
Hi Dr Z, the smell is getting unbearable... We tried to call the hospital today... but, it is still closed for Eid break.. so still no reports. Nero... is all the time sleeping... He is still eating... (but, only we sit next to him and accompany him)... That's all I can say...
I am sorry you still have no answers. At least Nero is still eating with prompting.
petdrz.
petdrz.
petdrz., Dog Veterinarian