Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My dog was diagnosed with a squamous cell carcinoma in

Customer Question

Hi, my dog was diagnosed with a squamous cell carcinoma in the left side of his nasal cavity. He now has a soft spot on the top of the bridge of his nose. Could this be the tumor getting larger? Or an infection under the skin?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. By the principle of Occam's Razor that soft spot indicates that the squamous cell carcinoma has eaten through the nasal bone and causing inflammation of the soft tissues above that bone. There may be infection associated with the cancer but the cancer is more likely to be the culprit of that soft spot. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.