Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Good morning, my dog has been up all night pacing the floor

Customer Question

Good morning, my dog has been up all night pacing the floor frantic as a looking for something. Just noticed that his penis and shaft are swollen and have a cloudy discharge from them. A very foul odor
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He's always had his penis erect since he was three years old he's 14 now. When I call him and he ignores me when I try to catch him to comfort him he wants out of my lap immediately and runs to continue pacing and licking himself and over smells of rotten fish I would say this is completely out of character at this hour of the night he would be asleep on my lap but he won't sleep eat drink and he will just Pace back-and-forth from room to room to room
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
While he often has an erect penis, a swollen one is a real worry. Therefore, can you tell me if Alex can retract his penis into the sheath? Or is it stuck out?