Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

They think my dog has primary lung tumor.. I took her

Customer Question
Hi.. They think my dog...
Hi.. They think my dog has primary lung tumor.. I took her to oncologist he said from xray it may be bronchial aveolar carcinoma.. He said it didn't appear to metastasize. It is in her left lung tumor is large. She needs to go for ct scan with biopsy next
week to see if it can be resected in order to surgically be removed.. I am having trouble getting the money together for this and I don't want to put her down if I can't afford it. Two questions. Is the prognosis for this type of tumor usually favorable after
surgery and is there a site that may be able to help defray the costs for me. I tried go fund me and payforward.com.. She is 8 but otherwise very healthly
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog
7/6/2015
Dog Specialist: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Hi this is DR J and I would be happy to help you. First, assuming your dog makes it through surgery( which usually is the case) your pet may live 2 or more years as long as there is no cancer anywhere else. There are no specific charities to help with this but if you call the closest vet school to you they may have a good Samaritan fund. Alot of the colleges do and this would be a case that I think might qualify. I hope this helps you and let me know if you have anymore questions. Also let me know if you need help finding nearest vet school. I check my computer every night.Most Sincerely, DRJ
Hi.. Yes I live in NJ.. also if they remove her lobe of the lung how much would surgery like that cost??
Let me check for closest vet school for you. I will get back to you soon.
The closest vet school to you is in Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. Their number is ***** type of surgery will likely cost 5-10 thousand when all is said and done. But as I said before, I would check and see if there is a good sam fund at he college.I hope this helps and best of luck. Please let me know if you need anything else. Sincerely,DrJ