Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

We took my Chihuahua Rosie to the vet twice. He doesn't'

Customer Question
We took my Chihuahua Rosie...
We took my Chihuahua Rosie to the vet twice. He doesn't' seem to know what is wrong with her. He tested her blood and took exrays of her chest and stomach. He first said she might have heart failure. We brought her home with an antibiotic and laysics.
We gave them to her and she has stopped eating but drank water. We got some piedolite and put it in her water bowl. She loves it. We use a Serrenge and feed her the high protein baby food twice a day 2tbs per feeding . The doctor gave her an antidepressant.
That makes her eat a little on her own. I am doing all I can. She doesn't' t seem to be hurting. What else can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
6/28/2015
Dog Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. To answer you directly, you need to have Rosie's disorder clarified before you can know how best to proceed. If her vet hasn't been able to clarify what's going on, Rosie needs to be referred to a vet who can interpret Rosie's diagnostics better or perhaps perform additional diagnostics. Please consider a specialist veterinary internist who can be found here; www.acvim.org. Can you upload a copy of her test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but her vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Rosie. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian