Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog just ate a raid ant bait trap iii I'm not sure

Customer Question
Hello. My dog just ate...
Hello. My dog just ate a raid ant bait trap iii I'm not sure what to do. He's a 70lb American Staffordshire whos extremely fit.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog
6/27/2015
Dog Specialist: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 3 years ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Hello the expert you asked for is not online at this time. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you.
When it comes to ant and roach traps you don't have to worry about the content. What you need to worry about is the shell of the trap, the metal or plastic as this can get caught in the intestines and cause an obstruction. IF you know that the dog did not chew it to bits, but may have swallowed large pieces you want to watch for an obstruction. Signs would be sudden lack of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea and lethargy.
To help move the pieces through the system now fairly safely, give a few pieces of whole grain bread. What this does is surround any sharp edges of the trap and help to carry it through the system. If you don't have whole grain bread you can also use metamucil. Give an adult dose , this does the same thing.
Here is more on metamucil and dosing
http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/psyllium-metamucil--etc
Here is more on ant and roach traps http://www.vetblog.net/2013/07/dog.roach.ant.trap.what.to.do.html