VetTechErin
VetTechErin, Licensed Vet Tech
Experience:  Published author in veterinary medical journals and on the Veterinary Information Network with a focus in toxicology
24209094

Can you prescribe dog medications here? Or can I only get them

Customer Question

Can you prescribe dog medications here? Or can I only get them in person from the vet? Its early sunday morning here and nobody is open until monday.
Category: Dog
Expert:  VetTechErin replied 2 years ago.
Hi there! My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your question for you! Unfortunately, in order for a ver to legally be able to write a prescription, they have to have physically put their hands on an animal to examine them. This means that any vet that prescribed over the internet would be in danger of losing their license. If this is something you need immediately, I can provide a list of 24-hours clinics in you area if you would like to reply to me with your zip code. The vet will likely want to have you bring your dog in for an examination before prescribing any medications, and a vet visit to a weekend clinic is very likely to cost more than your regular vet. However, the emergency clinics do tend to have 24-hour service on the weekends. If you have any questions, please feel free to hit "reply" to get back with me!
Hi Samantha,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Willie. How is everything going?

VetTechErin