Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I I have a pug about 7 years old. She has a film over her left…

Customer Question
i I have a pug...
i I have a pug about 7 years old. She has a film over her left eye and it has gunk in the corner of the eye. I saw a vet yesterday and he suggested eye drops and to see an optometrist. He checked the pressure in the eye and said it was 20-21, a little high. The pupil was slightly dialated but was responsive. I live in NE Pa. Are there any optometrists in this area, Thanks, ***** *****
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/20/2015
Dog Specialist: petdrz., Dog Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
petdrz.
petdrz., Dog Veterinarian
It sound like a good idea to have her eyes evaluated by an ophthalmologist. Pugs are prone to eye issues due to the conformation of their head and anatomy. Here is a link to a webpage that can help you find one in your area or at least somewhere nearby.LINK HEREGood luck and I hope that is helpful.