Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

2 weeks ago I noticed my dog had a snotty nose. I didn't overly…

Customer Question
2 weeks ago I noticed...
2 weeks ago I noticed my dog had a snotty nose. I didn't overly think much of it until it began to look yellowy green. A day later I noticed he also had A slight blood nose in one nostril. It wasn't much, say equivalent to a paper cut. After 5 or so minutes it stopped bleeding, but the following 2 days it continued on and off. I eventually took him to the vet whom prescribed some antibiotics. 2 days before he finished the course he had 1 more small nose bleed, but other than that there were none. Now 2 weeks on he has a blood nose in the other nostril. Im slightly concerned. What could it be?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog
6/19/2015
Dog Specialist: Candy, Veterinary Technician replied 3 years ago
Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Hello. I am sorry to hear that your boy is having some trouble. My name is ***** ***** I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years. I would be happy to help I just have a few questions.
Other then the bleeding is there any discharge?
Any sneezing?
Did your vet run a culture of the initial discharge?
Any exposure to ticks?
Other then the nose bleed any other problems no matter how small they may seem?