Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I'm trying to mate my male shih tzu with a female shih tzu…

Customer Question
I'm trying to mate my...
I'm trying to mate my male shih tzu with a female shih tzu , they are both virgins. She lets him mount her but they do not tie. What can I do to help.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog
6/18/2015
Dog Specialist: Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst replied 3 years ago
Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Hi Sir or Madam,
My name is Jane. I've worked professionally in both the health and behavioral fields with dogs for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
I need to ask you some questions to determine what the problem might be. It will take me 30-45 minutes to type up a response as long as I'm still online when your responses come in.
When did she first go into heat?
Is she still swollen?
Is she holding her tail to the side?
Are you all watching them?
How long is the females owner keeping her there?
Is he smaller than her?
It's ok, they did tie while I was waiting for your answer to my question. Thank you again
If you need any other help, feel free to open this up and ask me.