How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lisa Your Own Question
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 16505
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Lisa is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog ate a grape! Five minutes ago

Customer Question

My dog ate a grape! Five minutes ago
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.
Do you have any hydrogen peroxide in the house?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ill look
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No! I can get some across the street.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My niece the vet said that and read in tspns
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bread
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 years ago.
Please do.
The thing I worry about is that grapes and raisins are toxic to dogs, and that some dogs tend to be more sensitive than others...for example, I own two dogs...the 75 pound husky had 2 grapes once and it completely damaged his kidneys. The 10 pound maltipoo had a half a pound of grapes and was fine.
Each dog is personal as to how sensitive they are.
Because of this, the best thing to do is to get her to vomit up the grape she ate.
Details on how to make that happen can be found here: http://www.petplace.com/dogs/how-to-induce-vomiting-emesis-in-dogs/page1.aspx
If you're able to get her to vomit the grape, that will be the best outcome...if you're unable to get her to vomit, or if you don't have any peroxide in the house, then you should have her seen by a vet today..now...to help get the grape out of her system.
I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Give me the formula for the concoction
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 years ago.
There is no formula. It's simply 3 teaspoons of peroxide. You can pour it into a cup and then dump it down her throat.
You can repeat it twice if she doesn't vomit right away.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How much peroxide ? Straight?!!!!
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 years ago.
3 teaspoons. Yes, straight.
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 years ago.
Hi Susan,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Mia. How is everything going?

Lisa

Related Dog Questions