Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog ate a grape! Five minutes ago

Customer Question
My dog ate a grape! Five minutes ago
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog
6/16/2015
Dog Specialist: Lisa, Certified Vet Tech replied 3 years ago
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.
Do you have any hydrogen peroxide in the house?
Ill look
No! I can get some across the street.
My niece the vet said that and read in tspns
Bread
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please do.
The thing I worry about is that grapes and raisins are toxic to dogs, and that some dogs tend to be more sensitive than others...for example, I own two dogs...the 75 pound husky had 2 grapes once and it completely damaged his kidneys. The 10 pound maltipoo had a half a pound of grapes and was fine.
Each dog is personal as to how sensitive they are.
Because of this, the best thing to do is to get her to vomit up the grape she ate.
Details on how to make that happen can be found here: http://www.petplace.com/dogs/how-to-induce-vomiting-emesis-in-dogs/page1.aspx
If you're able to get her to vomit the grape, that will be the best outcome...if you're unable to get her to vomit, or if you don't have any peroxide in the house, then you should have her seen by a vet today..now...to help get the grape out of her system.
I hope this helps.
Give me the formula for the concoction
There is no formula. It's simply 3 teaspoons of peroxide. You can pour it into a cup and then dump it down her throat.
You can repeat it twice if she doesn't vomit right away.
How much peroxide ? Straight?!!!!
3 teaspoons. Yes, straight.
Hi Susan,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Mia. How is everything going?

Lisa