Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My dog I think hurt her throat , or tongue. We were playing

Customer Question

My dog I think hurt her throat , or tongue. We were playing fetch with a stick and I heard her yelp. I brought her in the house but she seemed fine. Now she hasn't put her tongye out for at least 2 hours.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Sorry it has taken so long to answer your question. Most likely this stick has bruised an area in sweet Rio's throat that is causing swelling and pain. The best thing to do for Rio if this is still going on is to give her aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs. This will reduce the inflammation that is causing her this discomfort. If she does not improve, your vet will have to examine Rio to be sure there is not a splinter or piece of the stick that may be lodged in this area.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****