Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I think my dog has a bite from either a scorpion

Customer Question
, wasp or black widow...
I think my dog has a bite from either a scorpion , wasp or black widow. I gave him a Benadryl and put melaleuca on the site. It looks like the image I just found
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog
This is bogus. I was expecting some communication with an actual answer
6/2/2015
Dog Specialist: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
I am sorry you are worried about Ruckus, and also that you did not get an answer from an expert sooner. How is he today?
I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help. I just came online and saw your question.
Melaleuca can be toxic to dogs, and dogs have become sick, even partially paralyzed from it. It can be absorbed internally if applied to inflamed, reddened skin. Fortunately the effects are usually temporary, but can last a couple of days.
Let me know how he is doing and if I can be of help. Again, I am sorry you did not get help sooner.
The expert gave me absolutely no information on treatment of a scorpion sting or what to expect as far as symptons or what to look for, I am not impressed and would like my deposit refunded. I will never use this site sgain
I only sent you an Info Request, to see how your dog is, and if you still needed help. I did want you to know about the dangers of the melaleuca, so I included that in my Info Request, at no charge.
I will contact the moderators to get your deposit back.
Thank you. I have tried multiple times to call regarding the billing and am not getting through to anyone. I feel this site needs to address that you don't get an answer in the time told to you i.e. 10 minutes or less. I expect my deposit to be refunded.