Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I think my dog ate something that is killing her. She gets…

Customer Question
I think my dog ate...
I think my dog ate something that is killing her. She gets into everything.she threw up twice this morning at 3:00 am and it smelled like fiecies, she is now leaking unine and poop from her back end, will not move or respond to me, is drooling and has had what apear to be seizures. She is mostly quiet except for one episode of crying in pain. I have no money and don't know what to do.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog
5/25/2015
Dog Specialist: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
I am sorry to hear your dog is so sick. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.
Can she take any liquids by mouth? If she is dehydrated she needs fluids.
If you look at her gums, are they pink in color? If her gums look pale, she could be in shock or bleeding internally.
It really sounds like she needs medical care such as fluids for dehydration and injections for pain. If this were my own dog, I would not be trying to treat her at home.
This website lists places that can help with emergency vet care costs, such as the Red Rover fund:
https://www.aspca.org/about-us/faq/financial-help-my-vet-bills
I hope you can get her the help it sounds like she needs. Let me know how she is doing and what else I can answer.