Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My 6# ***** ingested Zolpidem 5mg. Tablet?

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog
My 6# ***** ingested Ambient (Zolpidem last evening. He has slept all day, has not drank any water. He is lethargic. He vomited tonight.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/23/2015
Dog Specialist: Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian. replied 3 years ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Hello, and welcome.My name is***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction. 1. One of the best things you can do in this sort of situation is to make your dog sick immediately and try recover the drug that way, If you can do this within the first hour after ingestion { Two hours at the absolute outside } then things may be OK . For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best : LINK { Also be aware that an ER vet will be able to quickly induce vomiting with prescription drugs } 2. If you fail to induce vomiting then while a fatal incident would be unlikely you will probably see symptoms such as weakness, drooling, hyperexciteability, panting and disorientation. More info HEREI hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,
I am just checking back in to see how Bear is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Zolpidem incident ...
How are things going?
Regards,
Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bear. How is everything going?