Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

I had my 1yr old pit spayed 2 & 1/2 weeks ago and she

Customer Question

I had my 1yr old pit bull spayed 2 & 1/2 weeks ago and she is now having blood discharge
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.
Is this discharge happening all the time, or mostly when she urinates?
How is she acting?
Is she fearful of the vet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is not acting strange and is full of energy. She loves the vet and pretty much everyone. The bleeding has gotten heavier in the last few days and she has been licking more and more. She was fixed 17days ago
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.
Since it's not just bleeding when she urinates, then I have to strongly recommend that you have her seen by her vet tomorrow.
Since she's otherwise stable and acting normally, I don't think you need to rush to the emergency vet or anything, but I would definitely give them a call in the morning and have them take a peek at her.
Normally we don't see any bloody discharge after spaying so getting her seen will be the best bet.
I hope this ehlps.